Dear recruiter, hi!
Thanks for your interest in my profile.
After 3 years at HouseTrip (Senior Engineer, then VP of Technology), and 10
years of experience in software, I’m currently preparing my next career move.
The TL,DR is:
I’m open to a full-time Senior Software Engineer role
in a product-focused company doing Ruby, Go, C,
Node.JS or Python,
and is telework-friendly.
Links: LinkedIn, PDF
The rest of this page is a recruiter brief. This will hopefully help you
match my profile with what your clients are looking for, and save you time
compared to a phone call.
These notes are about the ideal role I’d consider, as I’d rather not use up
your time for roles that wouldn’t fit! Most of your initial questions should
also get an answer.
- Senior Software Engineer / Lead Engineer. I’m quite happy not to be a
“manager” in spite of my recent professional history, especially if the
company is small or the product/environment are very exciting.
- I don’t take pension/healthcare/equity into account when comparing offers (not
applicable to me).
- I can be on-site up to 20% of the time (every 5th week). I live in France,
very close to an international airport.
- I’m flexible in terms of compensation for the right role.
- A brilliant management team; generally a team I can learn from.
- Values: passionate, honest, open-minded, empathetic.
- Empowering, prefers “leadership” to “management”, trains others.
- An existing team of engineers (my experience is working with / leading teams
of 5 to 25).
- Funded, growing.
- Proven market (they have paying customers).
- Startup or SMB-sized (up to a few hundred people), or similar sized
independent organisation in a larger company.
- Web app or web-centric product.
- B2C, or B2B for tech markets.
- Reasonably ethical (no payday loan or betting companies).
- Targets a global market.
- Unix-based technologies (Ruby, C, Go, Python, or Node.JS ; my recent
experience is mostly Ruby).
- Strong adhesion to open-source, including contributing.
The way they work:
- Product-driven organisation.
- Agile/Lean or willing to get there (I have coached my current company into Kanban).
- Adopters of test-driven development or willing to get there.
- Invest in software quality, and manage their technical debt.
- Advocate their work (conference speaking, blog, etc)
Hope this helps!